- TU LAN: EXPLORE THE HOME OF KONG SKULL ISLAND MOVIE
- Quick Facts:
- Price per person: USD 82/pax
- Operating: from Nov to Sep, 2017 (closed in October)
- Duration: 1 day
- Adventure Level: Easy (8 km) for physically active guests (swimming is necessary)
- Small Group Tours: Average 2 pax – 8 pax
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 7:00 am – 7:30 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha.
- Tour Ends: 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha.
- Quick Facts:
- Itinerary: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – To Mo – Tan Hoa – Phong NhaStart your day with pick-up from your guesthouse in Phong Nha between 7:00am and 7:30am (please be ready!).
You’ll then drive 70 km over the Da Deo Mountain Pass to reach the ethnic minority village of Tan Hoa and the Oxalis Headquarters. You can leave all your luggage at our office in the storage room.
After a safety briefing, checking gear and signing our form, the day adventure begins with a 2 km walk across peanut and buffalo fields to reach the Rao Nan River.
After crossing the river you’ll reach the impressive Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) to explore its massive formations for up to 280m. Return back to the river another way, then trek through Hung Ton Valley to reach Hung Ton Cave. Explore this wild cave by descending a 15 m ladder with a safety rope before swimming 50m through the cave and following an underground river to reach To Mo Valley, where a delicious BBQ lunch will be awaiting you.
After swimming at the waterfall, trek over Hung Ton Mountain (1 km), across Hung Ton Valley (500 m), and another small hill down to Rao Nan River (500 m). You’ll finish the day crossing back over peanut and buffalo fields (2.5 km) to the Oxalis Headquarters, where a cold drink and shower will be awaiting your return.
Depart Tan Hoa at 17:00 and return to Phong Nha at 18:30 and you will be dropped at your guesthouse.
- End the tour.
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
Tu Lan 1-day Experience
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 9km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- Elevation change up to 150m (between valley and top of mountain)
- 50m swimming in caves
- 1 km caving
- Basic trekking experience
- Need to have swimming skill
You will need:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera.