- KAYAKING TO DARK CAVE
- DETAILED ITINERARY:Depending on the departure time of your group, the detailed itinerary can be changed as needed. If you start at Chay Lap Farmstay in the early morning, we would suggest the sample itinerary as below:
- 7:30 AM: After having breakfast at Chay Lap Farmstay, you will be picked up at the reception area. Our tour guide will give you some necessary equipment for the tour such as helmet, a bottle of water, etc. Youwill alsobe provided with important information of how to use a kayak and be briefed withsafety rules for the tour.
- 8:00 AM: Your group will start at Chay Lap Farmstay’s boat station, go kayaking about 3.5 km along Song Son River, pass through the Lang Chay village and then reachDark Cave.
- 9:30 AM: At Dark Cave, you will receive some necessary safety equipment before continuing on. You will have chance to try some adventure activities including two different ziplining opportunities: one which is combined with swimming in the Chay River, and one which will transport you across the river to touch the entrance of the Dark cave. It will be a 700 m exploration of the cave and enjoyment ofa highly adventurous mineral-mud bath inside the cave (don’t expect a spa)!
- 12:30 PM: Have lunch atDark Cave restaurant with some local specialty foods.
- 1:00 PM:Kayak back to Chay Lap Farmstay’s boat station.
- 2:30 PM: Tour ends in beautiful Chay Lap Farmstay. Feel free to relax by the pool or lay out
Ke Bang limestone is well-known for creating marvelous and majestic caves. Unknown to many, however, are the underground rivers which flow through the caves and have rewarded this area with crystal clear and gorgeous streams.
Explore the charming Son River by kayak, flowingupstream past Chay Lap Farmstay.Experience your freedom, be encompassed by the picturesque scenery of river and mountains, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the countryside. A Vietnamese wooden boat station, bamboo bunches and paddy fields will all unfold before your eyes. You also have the chance to join outdoor activities like ziplining, swimming, discovering Dark Cave, and taking a mineral muddy bath in Vietnam. The sights of mountains, river, and paddy fields create a green carpet; generous breezes will blow away your tiredness from busy daily life on a hot summer day.Here you can encounter a very different and interesting side of Phong Nha.
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
|No of pax||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
The Price Includes:
- English speaking (biking) guide as well as Mechanic with a set of travel bike tool
- Mountain bikes (Giant ATX 750 – 27 speeds or better bikes)
- Entrance fees for all sites mentioned
- Snacks, fruits, soft drinks and plenty of water provided on road
- Basic Medical care with 1 first aid kit
- Kayak boat
- Water (0.5 liter)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Lunch at the Dark Cave restaurant
- Shared dry-box for phone and small cameras (there is limited room for larger cameras so please advise in advanceif you will travel with a large camera)
- First Aid Kit (application by tour guide only)
Note for the tour: You will need to bring the following:
- A pair of long pants and long sleeve-shirt (extra light jacket recommended in cold weather)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, hat
- Camera/Phone for taking photos
- Dry-bag for personal items.