Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hang U
Your first day begins in Phong Nha with pickup from your local hotel around 7:30 – 8:00 am. From 8:00 – 9:30 am, you’ll make your way to Oxalis’s Tan Hoa office, where you will learn all about safety measures collect your gear and sign our Release Form before departure at 10:30 am. The first part of the walk is tricky with 1 hour trekking uphill and then a hike down alongside the river. You will make a stop for lunch at around 1:00 – 1:30 pm.
At 2:00 pm, you’ll cross the river and follow the path to Hang Uy, a young dry cave named with one of our safety guide assistant. This cave visit requires good rock scrambling skill over a sharp steep hill of 20 m up to the cave entrance.
Around 4:00 pm, make your way out of Hang Uy and trek upriver to the campsite. Camp is located next to a beautiful natural jungle pool. Here you’ll be able to enjoy a refreshing swim and time to take some great photos before the sun goes down. While you set up camp, the porters will prepare a fulfilling BBQ dinner for you to gain energy for your upcoming exploration of Hang Tien 1 and Hang Tien 2 the following day.
Overnight in Hang Uy.
Day 2: Hang Tien 1 – Hang Tien 2 – Tan Hoa – Phong Nha
Wake up in your jungle campsite to breakfast prepared bright and early by the porter team. After enjoying your breakfast, you’ll need to climb over a field of boulders before being greeted by the sight of Hang Tien 1 around 9:00 am. Within Hang Tien 1, about 50 m inside the entrance, lays a large chamber where the ceiling is beautifully patterned. The cave has two sections, one on the right side which goes deep down, and we will pass on the left hand side with many gour pools. Pushing forward, the tour will continue through most of Hang Tien 1 and up a ladder, from which the exit of Hang Tien 1 will be visible. The exit will be reached around 11:00 am.
Trek through the jungle for thirty minutes and at 11:30 am, you’ll head back into the subterranean world known as Hang Tien 2. Here you’ll find many formations, and you’ll trek about 300 m into the cave, before making your way out, back through the exit of Hang Tien 1. Enjoy a picnic lunch.
The next couple hours will be filled with your return trek to the road, where cold drinks will await you. Arrive back at the office around 4:00 pm, where you’ll have time to shower and change into fresh clothes before heading back to Phong Nha. The endeavor will end at 6:30 pm in Phong Nha.
End of service.
Price per person: USD 295/pax
Operating: from mid-November to mid-September (closed in Oct)
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Adventure Level: Moderate for physically active guests (13.5 km)
Availability: Weekly on Monday and Friday
Small Group Tours: 2 pax – 8 pax
Minimum Age: 16 years
Tour Starts: 7:30 am – 8:00 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
Tour Ends: 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
The Price Includes:
- Overnight accommodation in: double/twin sharing room with breakfast (or Similar Hotel)
- All meals (Halal food) which are clearly mentionned in the itinerary
- All transfers by private air-conditioned coach as per the itinerary
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Guide: an English expert speaking guide (spot guide)
- Complimentary 2 bottles of drinking water per pax per day tour
Hang Tien Endeavor
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease.
- 13 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- River crossings
- 5.5 km caving
- 2 days and 1 night camping in the jungle
- Basic trekking experience
- Note: Be prepared for your shoes to get very wet due to river crossings!
You will need:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at campsite and swim suit
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well
- 1 pair of flip-flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 2 – 3 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries