- TU LAN: EXPLORE THE HOME OF KONG SKULL ISLAND MOVIE
- Quick facts:
- Price per person: USD 91/pax
- Operating: from mid-Nov to mid-Sep, 2017 (closed in Oct)
- Duration: 1 Day (10-12 hours)
- Adventure Level: Moderate for physically active guests
- Availability: Every Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday
- Small Group Tours: Average 2 – 8 pax
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Tour Starts: 7:00 am – 7:30 am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
Tour Ends: 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
- Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hang Tien 1Pick up will take place from 7:00 – 7:30 am from your local hotel in Phong Nha. From there the tour will head an hour and a half to Tan Hoa office, located 70 km from Phong Nha. The drive is beautiful, passing alongside jungle, fields and over the historic Da Deo pass. During the drive, you’ll also listen to a safety briefing led by your experienced tour guide.
Arrive at the office around 9:00 am where you’ll sign form, and collect equipment such as jungle boots, water bottles, lights, helmets, etc. You can leave your extra luggage at our office in the storage room.
At around 9:30 am, the group will take a drive over to the drop off point and start at the trailhead by 10:00 am. The trek begins with a hike through the forest over a hill. The last kilometer before the cave is very rocky with many boulders, as if the cave terrain has spilled out onto the landscape in front of it. You’ll enter the spectacular cave and just inside, enjoy a BBQ feast, including fresh pork and traditional spring roll wraps (vegetarian option available). Around 12:30, you’ll start your exploration of the cave.
With formations rising up like a layer cake of rimstone pools and lush ferns, this cave is truly a unique specimen. As you explore, you’ll reach a small skylight in the cave, created from a shaft which overspills sunlight from the cave’s entrance. Beyond the skylight will be a ladder leading to the second section of the cave. You’ll venture through this next section of the cave, known as the high chamber. The exit of the cave lies just ahead – you have conquered Hang Tien!
You’ll make your way back, and get a chance to take a dip in the natural jungle pool you passed on the way in. You’ll have time for a coffee, a quick swim, and to take some photos before making your return journey.
You will be collected at the pickup point and head back to Tan Hoa. A shower awaits you at the office before the van ride back to Phong Nha at 6:00 pm. The tour will finish around 7:30 pm in Phong Nha.
- End the tour.
“Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
Hang Tien 1-day Discovery
Please make sure that your health is suitable for these activities with ease:
- 8 km jungle and mountain trekking, rocky terrain
- 4 km caving
- Basic trekking experience
You will need:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries.